Alyson Stanfield, noted author and artist advocate, consultant and generally nice person, posted this in her weekly newsletter today. It’s quite appropriate, given that Thanksgiving is nearly upon us, once again. I know I have much to give thanks for this year:
- Thank you, art show friends and patrons, for your support and kindness through the year. Each time a piece of my work goes to a new home I rejoice, and I hope my work continues to occupy a special place in your heart.
- Thank you, Alyson, for your wonderful, inspirational newsletters and advice. Your book, website and newsletters are a continued source of information and encouragement.
- Thank you to the doctors at Beaumont Hospital, who patched Joe K. up this past week. Now I know someone who has actually had brain surgery and lived to talk about it!
- Thank you to all of our fellow artists, who continue to help us to learn this business and who are our social life on the road. You guys know who you are.
- And thank you, Karyn, for coming to every single show to set up, tear down, provide amusement and good company, mat and frame in 100 degree heat, and most of all, for being my best friend and partner.